Thursday, January 3, 2013

WANTED bulletin board posters (FREE!)

Hi everyone.  As I was cleaning my craft area, I came upon these "WANTED" posters of my two babies.  I did this as a welcome back to school bulletin board a couple of years ago.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  It was really cute and funny.  I originally saw this idea in a catalogue.  I can't remember which company (sorry).  I just remember falling in love with the western theme.  But as money goes -it was too expensive for me to buy a whole class set.  So, I created something similar to it.  I'm sure it's not as beautiful as the original, but it worked out for me.  Cause then I could type whatever I wanted and upload images to the poster.  It became a little activity.

Activity:
1.)   I told my students what kind of a reader I was.  What I think about when I read.  What I see in my mind.  How long it takes me to read a book.  I gave them good and bad (silly) examples about my reading habits.  Then I asked them to share with a partner the same about themselves (whether they liked reading or not).

2.)    I, then showed my "WANTED" poster and told them they would be making one as well. 


I proceeded with more examples (the ones with my kids).  They thought it was hilarious and couldn't wait to get started. 

3.)   I passed out a little paper for them to fill out their information on.  Collected it and typed them up.  While they were working on filling out the paper.  I called one student at a time to the back to get their picture taken.  Here are a few examples from my lovely former students.


So, I decided to share this Bulletin Board idea with you. I orignally did this on a scrapbook software, but re-did it on Powerpoint so you could edit it and add your student pictures. The easiest place for me to upload this file is at my TPT store. Click HERE and it will take you directly to the page you need to download the powerpoint file. You will need a TPT account. If you don't already have one. It's easy. Sign up for free and become a follower of mine for more freebies ;) wink. wink.
Thanks Friends!

I also included the "WANTED Readers" title

So hop on over and grab this "WANTED" powerpoint activity and have fun! 

4 comments:

  1. Love these! Thanks for making them available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Wendy! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Can you forward me to the actual page/link that has these on it? The link has many posters and I can't find theses specifically

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just emailed you and fixed the link. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete